Thursday, February 14, 2013

Behind The Blog: Facebook Page


I'll admit it.

There have been times when I've hated this blog.

Resented its drain on my time.  

Planning, writing, deadlines.  Week after week.  

What is this college?!  

Sometimes I'm inspired and utter brilliance flows from the moment I begin.  
In that case, it's fun. I mean who doesn't love being brilliant?

But other times it is like pulling teeth.

But I have never...ever...missed my "blogging" times more, than I do at this moment.

You see.  It's really hard to bake, be creative, or just have two minutes to yourself when you are in the middle of a huge project at work on top of covering someone else's full time position.  

This is my life:
I get up.  And I go to work.  
I come home.  ...And I work.  
It's the weekend.  .......And I work some more.   

I need ME time.  I need BLOG time!  Blog, I misssss youuuuu!!!!!!!!!

It's funny how quickly a perspective can change.  It's all about what you set your focus on.

I was thinking about that a couple of days ago.

I mean I had a pretty terrible day.  By anyone's standards.  But then I remembered all the "little" nice things that happened, and a light went on in my noggin.  What we choose to dwell on dictates how we feel.

Forthcoming: Proof.
A real life example from a few days ago. 

Feel free to block one side or the other of your screen to get the full effect.


See there's a pretty great day in there amongst all that other mess.

So whether it's a "hate" blog or "love" blog moment, I know that in the end I really enjoy what I do.

Especially, in these moments of complete creative deprivation.

Next week, I (*fingers crossed*) will have a real, honest to goodness "baked-good" post for you all.

But in the mean time if you need your N.A.I.B. fix, I've set up a Facebook Page!  (Click any of the pictures to be taken there).



Now, you can connect with me outside of this here blog, and I'll be posting interesting baking tidbits a couple of times a week.  

Just to keep all of our minds where they should be.  
...On cake, of course.

Plus, I link all of my posts to the page so now it can show up on your newsfeed every Thursday!
   
So go on, "like" Nat's Adventures In Baking!  I'd love to hear from you!



In the mean time I need a good massage.  
That's a perspective change for ya.
The thought of a random person's hands on my shoulders normally wigs me out.

Now?  
Not so much.





2 comments:

  1. Hi! So glad to have found your blog! Following you via GFC!

    Thank you for linking up to The Great Blog Train! We loved having you! And you helped us have a successful third run down the tracks!

    Helen@blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com
    Angie@godsgrowinggarden.com
    Marci@stonecottageadventures.com

    ReplyDelete