Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blueberry Banana Bran Muffins (★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆)

     


It was my turn to bake for the cafe again.  I decided to take a slightly different approach this time because, whelp, my french toast muffins hadn't gone over as well as I'd hoped. WHA??!  How could they not, right? But you can't argue with the facts and the facts of our church cafe are these:

      1) Quiche sells.  You don't have the quiche and you brace yourself for the  
          repercussions. Must have quiche.
      2) We have a lot of healthy eaters.  Whether they really are or not, the title "french 
          toast" alone is enough to keep away even the most easily swayed of healthy 
          eaters.
      3) Most people have already eaten breakfast so they are looking for either a snack 
         (not a large muffin) or something more akin to lunch (once again...not a large 
         muffin).  

Since I am a baker and not a quiche maker, I went with...what I thought was...a very reasonable compromise: Blueberry Banana Bran Muffins

Banana and Blueberries = Fruit
Bran = Fiber
Fruit + Fiber = Healthy

Right?  Just go with me, k?




I went with a recipe very similar to this one: Best Banana Bran Muffins

Can't go wrong with a crumb topping. Yum!

Instead of wheat bran, I used crushed up fiber cereal.  All Bran is my favorite.  



These turned out really well.  The tops were especially delicious.  The bottoms could have used more oil for increased moistness, but then we'd be creeping into "fattening" territory. It's a catch-22 really.  




I ate one.  That's all that matters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment