Monday, April 1, 2013

Behind the Blog: Happy Easter and Lots of Rabbit


Happy Easter Everyone!


I hope you all had a wonderful day with your family and friends yesterday 
...going to church 
...enjoying the weather
...eating


My house was a feasting ground yesterday.
We ate...and ate..and ate to our hearts content. 


I know it's been awhile since I've written anything.  
I swear I haven't fallen off the edge of the planet!

So to help make amends, I decided to do a special post. 

One that's a little different than my normal postings, but that's okay because it's Monday and it's not my normal day!


Easter food, to me, is more than candy filled eggs.

I feel like it's the one holiday where there isn't a "designated" food.  Like the Turkey for Thanksgiving
or Watermelon for July 4th.  Each year can have a fresh focus.

And this year was different. for. sure. 

Guys, have you ever had rabbit?!

It's surprisingly sweet.


But we didn't just eat it, oh no.  
This Easter we made the meal a family experience.

Now I'm not big on cooking, in general, let alone starting with an animal, fully intact.  
I mean if you give it to me, I'll eat it.  
But I'm not too interested in dealing with eyeballs.

Eyeballs or not, though, I couldn't believe how much fun I ended up having after my initial apprehension.

So much, in fact, that I think it deserves a post. 

And it's super useful information. 







DISCLAIMER:  The following may be disturbing to some children.  
















How To Prepare Rabbit

Step 1







Step 2


Step 3, 4, 5, 6, 7-12

 Step 13


Step 14 (not pictured)
Eat!!

Oh, don't look at me like that. 


Happy April Fools Day!!








2 comments:

  1. Oh, how funny! Thanks for hopping on board The Great Blog Train! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete