Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Food Review: Nutella & Biscoff (★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆)


Dear Nutella,

     We didn’t hit it off right away.  I remember the first time we met. 

It was Paris, 2003.   

     I walked into the breakfast room and there you were.  I tried you on dry baguettes and later on a street vendor crepe.  I’m not sure why, maybe it just wasn’t our time, but I didn’t feel the connection that seemed to so immediately engulf everyone else. 

     Flash to the present, it was just me and a Belgian waffle on a casual night in. For some reason, I felt compelled to invite you to our little party.

Wham bang, hello.

      You are like the fun-loving, chocolate hazelnut version of peanut butter.  I want you on graham crackers, on pancakes, on ice cream.

Sometimes love is gradual.  But that love is strong.   


Pst…hey, Biscoff,

Don’t tell Nutella, but you are like my dream come true. 

     When we met in the grocery store on my way to a picnic, I knew something magical had occurred.  A pulverized spread of one of my favorite cookies?! Sigh. 

     You are spicy, cinnamony, gingery goodness.  And you get along with all my friends! Apple, celery, pancake, spoon. 

Sure you have more tang than Nutella, but I kinda like that.

Really like that.  

Me blogging and board gaming...Vacation multi-tasking at its finest.

Word Count: 206 :D  Yeah, me!!




No comments:

Post a Comment