Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Food Review: Ovomaltine (★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆)

Kayaking Day!  Beautiful.  Bar on the beach.  Brother-in-law, sister, me.

-----
I don't know about you, but when a friend comes to stay with me from out of town and they bring a thank you gift I want with all my heart to love it.  

But life can be cruel...

Enter Ovomaltine.  

Supposedly the best chocolate drink mix in Europe.  At least that what my friend and his wife from Germany claimed.

I was excited to try it. 

Let's be honest.  As an American, it seemed like a blatant rip off of Ovaltine.

But European's do a lot of things better...including anything chocolate so I was game.  

If they wanted to rip us off and make our sorry attempt for powdered malt and chocolate taste glorious then, please--and take my purse and passport to boot. 

Sadly, though…I’m going to need my stuff back.

Grainy,
Gravelly,
Unchocolately.

And I tried everything. 

Using milk instead of water.
Blending it in our power machine…you know, the one from Costco that can pulverize bricks?
Adding yogurt.

Nothing helped. 

For once, in the chocolate department, I can say we have them beat.

Europe, don’t be sad. 

So you lost in this race of powdered drinks. 

But in the grand scheme of things what is the greater accomplishment?

A kiddie drink?

Or Nutella…
     Biscoff…
     And Crème Brulee?

Just something to think about.

---

Word Count: 216.  

Boom.  That's progress people.



  




No comments:

Post a Comment