Okay, ...it is a little bit.
Okay, I kind of freaked out that the whole thing would tumble over and my lovely light box would burst into flames.
But how else was I supposed to create such a "subtle" foreshadowing?
Anything for art, right?
So besides the November-to-December holiday montage, February is my favorite time of year.
No, not because it's Valentines Day.
Although, I do like the whole "chocolate" binge aspect.
And I'm sure the whole "love" aspect is swell too, but I've had a total of two valentines dates throughout my entire existence so the ratio of Dates on V-day to Not Dates on V-day is none too inspiring.
And it's not even because February is the only month that never reaches thirty days...although, I have to admit that is pretty cool.
Nope those aren't the reasons.
February is my favorite time of year...
...BECAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!
And this year, I'm closer to thirty than I've ever been.
So I'm celebrating
...all month long.
Because I deserve it.
To help you join in on all the festivity and help you get to know me a little better, I thought it'd be fun to answer a few questions about myself.
The more you know, the more you care, right? RIGHT?! right?
Don't blame me for these questions.
If this is what Google says the world wants to know, then who I am to argue?
I mean, it's Google.
So without further ado... (be glad I whittled these down from my original "twenty-six" question idea!)
1. What is your favorite time of the day?
Pretty much the parts of the day where my stomach starts to grumble. Because then it's "sanctioned"
2. What are you absolutely best at?
Answering questions about myself! I'm the best in the world...in the universe!!
3. If you were a book, which book would you be?
A book with lots of short chapters. I hate chapters that go on a hundred pages strong.
4. Do you know how many pieces of clothing you own?
The amount where a "one in, one out" rule has become a necessary evil.
5. Which song would you rather wake up to in the morning?
Let's get real, it's Freddie Mercury's..."We are the Champions." Try not getting pumped to that.
6. Aside from Ricky Martin, which artist do you listen to the most?
Well since I listen to Ricky Martin, um...., never....I'd have to say every artist in the world. Even
Rebecca Black. Because even I know that "yesterday was Thursday, today is Friday" and we be
"partyin' partyin' yeah!"
7. If you could have dinner with anyone, who would you choose?
I think I'm going to have to go with Derek Wills on this one. *Sigh* ...that salt and pepper hair
...that British accent ...that seductive-one-moment/rip-you-a-new-one-the-next bad boy quality. I
8. What 3 things would you not take with you to an island?
Really? Most unproductive question. Ever. But obviously I wouldn't bring
1) My new Smash DVD's. Only because there is no electricity...unless this is "The Island" - from
Lost. Then I'd be A-okay.
2) Any of the plants from my backyard. Because, in my imagination, this island is full of trees and
tropical flowers so my plants would be redundant and outshone in comparison.
3) My cat. As much as I love him, he'd drive me crazy while I was trying to build a "Robinson
Family" worthy treehouse and get an even tan.
9. What would you do if you found a wallet and there was no ID in it?
Bury it. Honesty prevents me from taking someone's money. But if I can't have it then neither can
10. How different would your life be if you were to live in Africa?
Seven Layer Bars.
And I'm not talking your normal "seven-layers-actually-translates-to-seven-ingredients" bars - I'm talking
Count em', Seven...
1 - Golden Oreos
2 - Funfetti Cake Batter
3 - Marshmallows
4 - White Chocolate
5 - Semi-sweet Chocolate
6 - Coconut
7 - Sprinkles
Birthday Cake Seven Layer Bars
Inspired by The Domestic Rebel
- 1 Cup of Golden Oreos, Crushed with Cream Removed
- 3/4 Cup Butter (1 1/2 Sticks), Divided
- 1 Box Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Marshmallows
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Flaked Coconut
- 1 - 14 oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 Cup Multicolored Sprinkles
Needed a 9x13in pan
Preheat oven to 350F Degrees
Makes Approx. 20 Bars
1) Gather all the ingredients together. These bars are easy, but there are a few steps because of all the
2) Separate Oreo cookies from the creams. I bought the Birthday Cake variety, but once you remove
the cream there isn't much difference between these and the standard Golden.
3) Finely crush the Oreo cookies until you get a cups worth of crumbs. This is about 3/4 the package.
Start with a meat tenderizer or a Ziploc bag and your hand to make the crumbs. If you need them
finer place into a food processor or, if you are lazy like me, a cleaned coffee grinder.
4) Place 1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup) into the bottom of a 9x13in pan. Let it melt in the oven.
5) Add Oreo crumbs on top of the melted butter and pat down gently.
6) In a medium bowl, combine funfetti cake mix, egg, and rest of the butter (melted).
7) Take pieces of batter, flatten them in your hand and add to oreo cookie base. Make sure the entire
bottom layer is covered. Add these gently as you don't want to disrupt the crumb crust.
8) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
9) Carefully remove slightly baked cake/oreo layers and add marshmallows.
10) Add white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and cocount.
11) Pour can of sweetened condensed milk over the entire thing. Make sure everything gets covered. If
you can do with less than a can then stop there. The less you have to use the better. It's really,
12) Disperse sprinkles across the top.
13) Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the top begins to get golden and bubbly. Remove from oven and
cool completely on a cooling rack before cutting into pieces.
Happy Birthday to me!
Oh my goodness! Thanks so much for viewing. These were featured during The Back For Seconds Link Social on March 5, 2013 and Blooms Designs Link Party on March 6, 2013. Click the icons to check it out!!!