Thursday, March 29, 2012

Candied Apples (★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆)

This past Halloween some friends of mine decided they wanted to put on a small carnival in their front yard for their neighbors. I thought that sounded like a blast so I offered my services...in whatever capacity they so desired. So in addition to manning the dart board, I was tasked with making candied apples.

I'm a baker, not a candy maker. To this day I have yet to make a good peanut brittle or toffee. Not only was this my first attempt at candied apples, this was my first experience with candied apples at all. I've always been partial to the chewy goodness of caramel on my apples, but try I did...and if I can do it - anyone can.

I found this website that has some pretty awesome details and instructions for making candied apples; it should calm the fears of even the most timid of confectioners. How to Make Perfect Candied Apples

I dipped some apple slices in the extra so my family could have some. I still prefer caramel apples, but these were pretty good. Definitely could rip a tooth out if you are not careful and don't wait for it to harden completely though.

Fyi, cleaning that plate was an utter joy.




No comments:

Post a Comment